We are finally getting around to announcing some of the fantastic things in store for our 2019 season at Wilson’s Point! We’re so EXCITED 🤗🤗🤗
1) We will be having a clean up day once the snow clears. There has been some major wind fall damage on the trails and we need a fresh start to the year. Volunteers for the work party are needed. Those interested please contact us on our Facebook Page InBox . We will supply the snacks while you supply the labor. If you have rakes, and wheelbarrows all the better. We will have a professional lumberman on hand as well as a wood chipper. Stay tuned for a set date and pray Mother Nature looks after that snow sooner than later.
2) For all those folks who where excited to see the Miramichi-Opoly games we have procured a supply and will be selling them at both Wilson’s Point and MacDonald Farm. This summer!!!
3) We have a roster full of entertainment lined up beginning in June with the Kick Off Ceilidh featuring Frantically Atlantic on June 15th at 7pm.
July we are lining up a night of fine music with Sistema Miramichi, our Annual Church Service, a Haunted Graveyard Tour and we will be the site of a huge Re-Enactment Weekend, but more on that later.
August we are planning a night of music and storytelling by one of our favourite Scotsman and a family event during the Scottish Highland Weekend.
September will find us on an adventurous path as we present a walking play by a noted local play write. October will have us visiting the Graveyard once again for its tales after dark.
4) Sundays at The Point and MacDonald Farm will have an added flavour as the resident land owners come to life for an afternoon of storytelling. Come join William Davidson and Alexander MacDonald on alternating Sundays to hear of their life and times on the mighty Miramichi. Stay tuned for dates and times.
5) We are thrilled to be part of the Miramichi Heritage Network and will be partnering with them for a contest that will have you hash tagging away as you journey the Miramichi River Region for an opportunity to win a fantastic prize at the end of the season… more on this later. #miramichiheritagehappenings
6) For all those amateur or professional photographers who love to capture that perfect photo. Get ready for our big contest. We are still ironing out the details but we will elude to this: Your photos will be in the running to be showcased in a calendar. Themes to contemplate… tartans, bagpipes, the moods of Wilson’s Point and life at the Farm. We will be partnering with The Miramichi Scottish Highland Society and MacDonald Farm for this project. So keep in mind events through out the calendar year that could be a focal point of interest. We’ll be making the contest official very soon.
7)New items will be available in our gift shop at the Point as well so bring your cash along when you visit.
We can’t wait to throw open the shutters and welcome you, your grannies and your pets to our little gem this season. Opening day and more details on all of the above will be shared soon so keep following us and help spread the word by sharing our Facebook and Instagram pages and inviting your family and friends to like us.